It goes without saying, but molds are an unpleasant thing to have at home. It can make your family sick, and it can damage your house’s structure, starting from the attic down to the basement. But you need to keep in mind that this pest can also affect your pets the way it affects your family.
As such, it is a must that you do away with molds as soon as possible. Certain types of molds, such as black molds, release a toxin that can be circulated in the bloodstream of your pets. They can cause symptoms in your pets, such as a runny nose, sneezing, lethargy, and rashes. In the meantime, here are some of the tips that will help you protect your furry friends from molds.
Find where they hide
If you suspect that there are molds in your house, you need to find where they hide. They can be found in damp and dark places. Check your attic and your basement. You may also want to check the areas close to the bathroom and kitchen. Once you find that there are indeed molds in these places, enlist the help of a reliable mold removal company in Canada.
Take them to the vet
Now that you know that the molds are what affecting your furry friends take them to the vet as soon as possible. The vet can give some treatments to ease the symptoms. They may also conduct blood tests if the molds that have affected your pets are highly toxic. Pay attention to the care plan that they will advise to you. More importantly, be careful when administering medication.
Molds are highly toxic to humans and pets. And as such, you will need to get rid of these pests. If things are getting out of hand, you should work with reliable professionals.